Demographica is a marketing agency that helps large B2B companies grow their revenue in Africa by transforming how they engage buyers, grow customers, and enable their marketing and sales teams. We are a mid-sized and we work across a variety of touchpoints in the B2B marketing and purchase journey – from brand positioning to engagement programmes and stakeholder experience projects.
Our ambition is to develop signature work for our clients where the standard of the strategic and creative output is high and the impact immense. You will be inspired to uphold this intention and develop excellence.
You can persuade and inspire confidence and enthusiasm within the agency, as well as the broader businesses you work with. You will see an interesting mix of creativity, business logic and astute commerciality.
- Accountable for the development and management of project deliverables, on time, within budget and according to the Demographica quality standard, for all client work whilst maintaining strong internal relationships.
- Responsible for working with the Client Partner to manage the overall ‘health’ and profitability of the agreed portfolio of clients and each project.
- You will be responsible for the successful completion and delivery of all assigned projects/tasks working alongside the Client partner to manage the portfolio of clients strategically
- Working closely with internal teams, to monitor and drive delivery
- Ensure adequate support & manageable workload
- Manage to enable timeous delivery to client whilst ensuring you adhere to budgets and managing spend
- Drive budgets- managing spend and proposing more cost-effective or innovative ways of maximising spend against ROI
Expected at this level:
- Manage all briefs and ensure adequate support for team as well as manageable workload resulting in superb delivery to client • Integration between various agencies working on the client’s account
- Communicate expectation & manage delivery, budgets and reports
- Clear agenda for each and every single meeting to ensure all involved are clear on outputs and related timing
- Works with Client Partner to ensure timeous comms with client (e.g. contact report for each and every client meeting – and sends it out within 24 hours of the meeting.) Record of comms to refer to actions agreed ensure that people are held accountable.
- Monitoring at all times, enabling success. Projects are on time and on budget
- Support of internal team: Involved & Supportive
- Foster proactive discussions with client so that clients reach out for Demographica guidance and input to solve for business challenges
- Create strong, professional relationships with clients, at all levels, but particularly at a senior level Encourage client to make the transition from ‘advertising agency’ (supplier) to strategic marketing & Brand partner (valued provider)
- Ensure understanding of the relevant client contract and relevant legal/regulatory guidelines
Additional area of focus:
- Foster a culture in the Client Success team that inspires operational excellence
- Be involved and supportive in other business activities (initiatives, new business pitches etc)
- Maximise spend against ROI
- Ability to identify opportunities to expand current portfolio and diversify through recognising opportunity to cross-sell or upsell
Specific to Demographica
- Workbook tasks
- Development of Timing plans that are approved and shared across the team relevant to the entire Client Portfolio
- Ensure price quotes, invoicing and financial administration is of the highest standards to guarantee timeous collection of income for the agency
- Ensure a thorough understanding of the production process (timing and execution) and costs in order to maximise agency profitability and client budgets, and ensure timeous delivery of projects
- Responsible to identify, define and manage project scope
- Ensure all projects within the Client Portfolio for which you are responsible are set up
- Measure project performance against defined scope, budget and time.
- Manage and report on project progress to Client Partner and Head of Client Success as well as considered progress reports/updates to client.
- Work in tandem with Client Partner to manage client expectations in terms of deliverables, timescales, deadlines and costs (even within constraints of limited resources and uncertainty)
- Plan and manage new requirements for projects as well as planning for changes (proactively always engaging with Client Partner and client to enable foresight where possible)
- Assess and respond to ongoing support requirements.
- Responsible to oversee all project related administration (working with PMs and Ops)
- Overall delivery of client briefs through active team management and distribution of workload
- Ensure clear understanding of the client’s business requirements and translate this into clear deliverables for your team
- Drive the adherence to strategy across agency and client
- Oversee the work done by Project Managers allocated to the client portfolio
- Ideally you have completed an industry relevant qualification in Marketing, Communications or Advertising
- Alternatively, you have a business Degree or Tertiary Diploma
- Certification in Project Management
- Scrum and Agile methodology recommended.
- Project Management tool (e.g MS Projects)
- Minimum 5 years in a Project Management role working on Marketing; Technical or Creative projects
- Minimum 10 years’ experience working in a Consulting or PM environment
- Experience working in an Operational role (working between Client Success & Procurement/ Production/Operations) at a Senior level
- Experience managing teams and largescale, multi-tiered projects
- At least 10 years’ having been directly accountable to work with client, liaise and engage on (illustrating sound understanding) budgets, price quotes/CEs and invoices
- A sound knowledge of the relevant structures and processes in the Marketing team within brand and/or agency
- Professional and Respectful
- Excellent attention to detail
- Deadline Driven
- Good Communication skills
- Client centric (in delivery) and Insight centric (in delivering solution)
- Strategic thinker