Demographica is a marketing agency that helps large B2B companies grow their revenue in Africa by transforming how they engage buyers, grow customers, and enable their marketing and sales teams. We are a mid-sized and we work across a variety of touchpoints in the B2B marketing and purchase journey – from brand positioning to engagement programmes and stakeholder experience projects.
Our ambition is to develop signature work for our clients where the standard of the strategic and creative output is high and the impact immense. You will be inspired to uphold this intention and develop excellence.
You can persuade and inspire confidence and enthusiasm within the agency, as well as the broader businesses you work with. You will see an interesting mix of creativity, business logic and astute commerciality.
Main purpose of role:
- To lead a client portfolio by driving high level, meaningful client interaction enabling successful service delivery which strategically address to solve business challenges for client.
- To support the Head of Client Success by working with a team of individuals to ensure successful engagements between Demographica and clients.
- To partner with the client to ensure they experience exceptional value and to work with them to get the best value out of Demographica to achieve their business objectives.
- To drive the commercial success of Demographica by contributing positively to managing the P&L of the Demographica clients for which I am responsible.
- To ensure the defined profitability on assigned work.
- Responsible for a Client Portfolio of work. This may be one large account (key piece of business) with several Verticals or Business Units or this could be made up of several Client accounts and projects. This may be multiple accounts, across multiple industries and client types.
- To be responsible for the Client relationship and any assigned work – working alongside other Client Partners and highly effective Project management individuals.
- Contribute to the strategic direction of Demographica as well as encourage and facilitate strategic client engagement.
- To deliver in line with a mentality of client success and to establish this within Demographica clients .This includes understanding and supporting the clients’ desired business outcomes and in turn delivering sound strategic recommendations in a proactive manner.
- Ensure alignment of Client and Demographica relationship at the highest level, through frequent engagement with the client.
- Ensure that I am building solid relationships with Key business people at the client thru consistent engagement and delivery as well as internal alignment with Client Partners, Project Management and key internal relationships.
- Working with Head of Client success maintain close relationship with the clients, to continuously develop the strategic direction of each client account and ensure communication of any directional changes to Client Partners and Project management.
- Demonstrate the value in collaboration as opposed to ‘single function/task’ mentality.
- Maintain high standards of client satisfaction, measuring this through feedback, responding promptly to ensure alignment and the ability to adapt and adjust approach to benefit client needs always working toward the desired business outcomes of the client.
- Work with the Head of Client Success to define objectives by forecasting and developing the P&L by projecting expected revenue (and associated profit) for the portfolio of existing clients for which I am responsible.
- Contribute toward business development in terms of growing existing client revenue.
- Manage client spend & propose cost-effective or innovative ways of maximising spend against ROI where required.
- Responsible for managing the overall ‘health’ and profitability of my client portfolios.
- Ensure I understand and am on top of the Financial management of all projects/work within my client portfolio so that I can report to Head of Client Success on budgets & related cost control.
- To provide monthly forecasts (for the portfolio for which I am responsible) to Head of Client Success to enable transparent and proactive management of all Client portfolios with EXCO. Over and above:
- Deliver business initiatives that enhance development of skills, knowledge and good practice in the agency.
- To actively pursue and support the delivery of new business into the Agency through leadership or involvement of pitch project work and delivery.
- Deliver tactical solutions when necessary to achieve higher quality within the confines of cost and time ensuring that any change is clearly communicated across the business.
- Identify opportunity for improved systems or use of resources, engage with Ops to implement change within the Agency to achieve operational excellence.
Expected at this level:
- To have a complete overview at any given time of all work (project/campaign) for my Client portfolio
- Communicate any relevant updates on any foreseeable areas of concern/issues
- Complete accountability, top level management and development of all client relationships within my Client portfolio & building strong internal relationships.
- Ensure impeccable client engagement and delivery always working toward the achievement of the Agency’s business strategy
- Work closely with the Project teams to continuously achieve or better income targets set and quality service.
- Encourage client to make the transition from ‘B2B marketing agency’ (supplier) to strategic marketing & partner (valued provider)
- Ensure understanding of the relevant client contract and relevant legal/regulatory guidelines including Social and Ethical framework. o Integration between various agencies working on the client’s account
- Communicate expectation & manage delivery, budgets, and reports
- Support of internal team: Involved & Supportive
Additional area of focus:
- Ensure that the agency is at the forefront of B2B marketing and that this is shared with the agency.
- Contribute positively to the Client Success team to inspire operational excellence
- Communicate to make Head of Client Success aware of adequate support & manageable workload or flag problems where necessary
- Drive other business activities (initiatives, new business pitches etc)
- To actively pursue business development opportunities with the existing client accounts, selling additional services where possible.
- To share knowledge and best practice across the Client Success team and the Agency.
- Ensure timeous delivery to client whilst ensuring you adhere to budgets managing spend
- Maintain an understanding of each Centre of Excellence, including Creative, Strategy/Anthropology/Production etc. building the strength of the business relationship through delivery of value- added services to the benefit of the client.
- Work closely with internal teams, to manage existing client portfolios.
- Participate in Client Acquisition & Sales pitches.
Specific to Demographica
- Develop client strategies to advance Demographica’s mission and objectives and to promote revenue, profitability, and growth as an organisation.
- Workbook tasks
- Ensure a thorough understanding of the production process (timing and execution) and costs to maximise agency profitability and client budgets, and ensure timeous delivery of projects
- Ensure price quotes, invoicing and financial administration is of the highest standards to guarantee timeous collection of income for the agency
- Promote a sense of community actively participate in initiatives around Diversity, inclusion and belonging.
- Be aware, honest and bold in observing differences and challenges identifying the opportunity to learn and improve as individuals, as a team and as a business. Be part of the way forward, the solution and not part of past behaviours or misinformation.
- To have a complete overview at any given time of all client’s campaigns and requirements (Scope of work and expectations) within the Client portfolio for which I am responsible.
- Manage all briefs within my portfolio and ensure adequate support for team as well as manageable workload resulting in superb delivery to client
- Overall delivery of client briefs through active engagement with Ops and Project management to ensure reasonable distribution of workload to achieve a positive result
- Ensure clear understanding of the client’s business requirements and translate this into clear deliverables for Project Team and broader internal teams
- Ensure through delivery, the adherence to strategy across agency and client
- Work in partnership with the creative teams to provide excellent creative solution for your client’s needs
- Work closely with the Head of Client Success to manage and grow your direct reports within the agency, and create a positive approach within that team to ensure that it remains highly motivated
- Allocate resources within your team to maximise skill set and client coverage
- Create strong, professional relationships with clients, at all levels, but particularly at a senior level on my entire client portfolio.
- An appetite for business and B2B marketing
- Experience managing teams and large accounts
- Minimum 8 years’ experience working in a Marketing/Consulting environment at a Senior level
- At least 10 years’ having been directly accountable to work with client, liaise and engage on (illustrating sound understanding) budgets, price quotes/CEs and invoices
- A sound knowledge of the relevant structures and processes in the agency
- Professional and Respectful
- Excellent attention to detail
- Deadline Driven
- Good Communication skills
- Client centric (in delivery) and Insight centric (in delivering solution)
- Strategic thinker